Definition of bugbane in English:
A tall plant with wandlike spikes of cream or yellow flowers. A member of the buttercup family, it is native to north temperate regions.
- Genus Cimicifuga, family Ranunculaceae: several species, in particular the American bugbane (C. americana) of the eastern US and the black cohosh (C. racemosa)
- Other common names for this plant are black root, bugbane, rattle root, rattle top, rattle squawroot, snake root and rattle weed.
- Wood anemones, epimediums, bugbanes, and toad lilies create intricate tapestries under flowering shrubs and trees.
- Throughout the woodlands, color can be found in late-blooming azaleas, lilies, bugbanes, hostas, and hydrangeas.
Definition of bugbane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan