Definition of bugloss in English:
A bristly plant of the borage family, with bright blue flowers.
- Anchusa, Lycopsis, and other genera, family Boraginaceae: several species, including the small bugloss (L. arvensis) and the widespread viper’s bugloss
- Flowers range from peonies, delphiniums, various brooms and gorses, mallows, asters and periwinkle through to buglosses, mandrake, daises, narcissi, irises and orchids.
- Viper's bugloss was introduced from Europe in colonial times.
- Common bugloss has fleshy, hairy leaves that grow smaller in size towards the top of the stem.
Words that rhyme with buglossomphalos • Pátmos
Definition of bugloss in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia