- A small bulblike structure, especially in the axil of a leaf or at the base of a stem, that may form a new plant.More example sentences
- If you look closely at the flower head you can see lots of bulbils forming - each one of those will grow into a new plant if it gets the chance.
- The fine, young leaves of sprouted garlic bulbils look like newly sprouted grass.
- A unique feature of this flower is that the bulbils appear in the leaf axils.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin bulbillus, diminutive of bulbus 'onion, bulbous root'.
More definitions of bulbilDefinition of bulbil in:
- The British & World English dictionary