A North American trout that resembles the Dolly Varden, found in cold rivers and lakes.
- Salvelinus confluentus, family Salmonidae
More example sentences
- In tributaries feeding the lake, brook trout competed with young bull trout for food and in the lake, lake trout preyed on bull trout.
- While rainbows (and native Yellowstone cutthroat trout) are most susceptible to fatal whirling disease infection, brown trout and Montana's native westslope cutthroat trout, bull trout, and Arctic grayling are less so.
- Co-occurrence of Dolly Varden and bull trout in the same drainages, as well as strict sympatry, has been noted in northwestern British Columbia.
Definition of bull trout in:
- The British & World English dictionary