nounUS • informal
- An umbrella.More example sentences
- Kindly remove that piece of paper from my windshield… didn't your mother ever tell you it's not wise to harass frail ‘little old ladies’ with long canes and large bumbershoots.
- Just bring along a big bumbershoot (capable of handling two months of something called ‘heavy precipitation’).
- That's called an umbrella, also sometimes known as a parasol or bumbershoot.
More definitions of bumbershootDefinition of bumbershoot in:
- The British & World English dictionary