Definition of bunch grass in English:
A grass that grows in clumps.
- Schizachyrium and other genera, family Gramineae: several species, especially S. scoparium, used for grazing and in erosion control, especially on the Great Plains
- Think of the two halves of Iron Creek: on the desiccated west side grow sagebrush and prickly pear, on the well-managed east side grow prairie June Grass, needle and thread, western wheatgrass, blue bunch grass, and many other species.
- Perennial ryegrass is a bunch grass suitable for hay, silage, or pasture.
- Control of a non-native plant, the sandbur weed, has been very effective in restoring the duck's nesting habitat, which includes native bunch grass.
Definition of bunch grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan