Definition of bunchberry in English:
noun (plural bunchberries)
A low-growing plant of the dogwood family that produces white flowers followed by red berries and bright red autumn foliage. It is native to North America, eastern Asia, and Greenland.
- Cornus canadensis, family Cornaceae
- The rapid opening of the bunchberry is thought to enhance cross-pollination in two ways.
- American dogwoods include the miner's dogwood, C. sessilis, whose fruits are sweet when fully ripe, and the less flavourful bunchberry, C. canadensis.
- According to Walker, Cornus canadensis, bunchberries, can be found in clearings and moist woodlands.
Definition of bunchberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan