Definition of bunchflower in English:
A North American plant of the lily family that is sometimes cultivated for its yellowish-green flowers.
- Melanthium virginicum, family Liliaceae
- Virginia bunchflower is known historically from wet-mesic prairie in 17 counties located primarily in west-central Illinois.
- Examples of this correspondence include mollusks on carbonate residuum, purple spurge on gneiss regolith, and cardamine, yellowood, and bunchflower on boulder fields of metasandstone.
- The preserve provides habitat for over two dozen state-listed plants, including yellow sedge, crinkled hairgrass, water avens, bunchflower, autumn willow, and green cotton-grass.
Definition of bunchflower in:
- British & World English dictionary