- A painful swelling on the first joint of the big toe.More example sentences
- In severe cases, excessive compensation at the level of the mediotarsal joint can lead to the development of bunions, hammertoes, and other disorders.
- Painful bunions make life miserable, but many doctors suggest leaving well alone rather than undergoing surgery.
- A bunion is a bony swelling on the side of the big toe.
early 18th century: from Old French buignon, from buigne 'bump on the head'.
More definitions of bunionDefinition of bunion in:
- The British & World English dictionary