Definition of burglar in English:
A person who commits burglary.
- A pioneering scheme to gate off alleys to burglars and thieves could be on its way to parts of central York.
- Police are to target crime hotspots in the Keighley division to purge the streets of robbers and burglars.
- Please be warned that a group or groups of burglars and thieves are in the area.
- ( archaic )Example sentences
- While the offence of burglary was complete upon crossing the threshold, the Court held that the unlawful act comprised the whole of the burglarious intrusion.
- The trial court sentenced Latimer to ten years for the burglary and two years for the possession of burglarious tools.
- Officers were able to recover a laptop stolen from the car from the suspect as well as a screwdriver used by him as a burglarious tool.
Words that rhyme with burglarcurdler • Koestler
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan