adjective (burlier, burliest)
(Of a person) large and strong; heavily built.
More example sentences
- In the next-door compound, a burly man was whacking a skinny boy with a thick stick.
- She had been clamped by the time she got outside, and two burly men demanded £125 to have her car released.
- Blanche looked at him, a big burly man with an abdomen that was bulging over his belt which seemed much too tight for him.
- More example sentences
- Aaron could only look back at the familiar silvery eyes that had softened, despite the overbearing burliness of the body beneath them, and try and read them.
- Not an easy thing to do with such an ode to burliness, natch.
- An odd burliness possessed the feminine body frame as it strode through the student sleeping quarters on silent feet.