Definition of burning bush in English:
1Any of a number of shrubs noted for their bright red autumn foliage, in particular.
- But the burning bush sells doubly well in Scotland.
- Barberry, knotweed, ailanthus, and the brilliant Euonymus known as burning bush are just some of the horticultural immigrants that continue to out-compete many of our indigenous species.
3 another term for gas plant.
- It is known variously as Burning-bush, False Dittany, White Dittany, and Gas-plant.
- Gas plant, also known as burning bush, is a perennial flower.
- The flowers (white or pink) and the leaves give off a strong aromatic vapour which can be ignited, hence the names gas plant and burning bush.
Mid 19th century: with biblical allusion to Exod. 3:2.
Definition of burning bush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.