1A pigment made from ocher that has been darkened by heating, or resembling this in color.
- Heating the yellow variety produces burnt ocher, which has a rich red color.
- Other pigments in common use were yellow ocher (hydrated Fe2O3), burnt ocher (hematite Fe2O3) and other ochers.
- At one time burnt ocher was sold for reddish diphryges according to Dioscorides.
1.1The deep yellow-brown color of the pigment made from ocher.
- For a moment we were blinded by a burnt ocher maelstrom aflame with the sun behind it.
- Thus, I've decided to adopt a ‘study question’ approach to the abstract, as well as explicitly encouraging people to Read More - plus use a burnt ocher for the links, rather than the less-visible beige-gold.
- Some users prefer a black screen background, others white, while splinter groups advocate burnt ocher, tawny puce, and shocking gray.
Definition of burnt ocher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.