Definition of burnt ocher in English:
1A pigment made from ocher that has been darkened by heating, or resembling this in color.
- Heating the yellow variety produces burnt ocher, which has a rich red color.
- Other pigments in common use were yellow ocher (hydrated Fe2O3), burnt ocher (hematite Fe2O3) and other ochers.
- At one time burnt ocher was sold for reddish diphryges according to Dioscorides.
1.1The deep yellow-brown color of the pigment made from ocher.
- For a moment we were blinded by a burnt ocher maelstrom aflame with the sun behind it.
- Thus, I've decided to adopt a ‘study question’ approach to the abstract, as well as explicitly encouraging people to Read More - plus use a burnt ocher for the links, rather than the less-visible beige-gold.
- Some users prefer a black screen background, others white, while splinter groups advocate burnt ocher, tawny puce, and shocking gray.
Definition of burnt ocher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan