Definition of burnt sienna in English:
1A deep reddish-brown pigment made from sienna that has been darkened by heating, or resembling this in color.
- Like a tube of oil paint: if I buy a tube of burnt sienna, burnt sienna has to be in that tube.
- Burnt umber, terre verte, red ochre, red lake and burnt sienna were identified in several places.
- At the very least I am living proof that turpentine, cadmium red, burnt sienna, Venetian red et al are not carcinogenic.
1.1A deep reddish-brown color.
- Here the exploding greens and oranges of the mid-1990s have given way to burnt sienna and more pregnant-reds - colours that are more meditative, deeper, and emotionally resonant.
- Well, can you remember that mysterious color - burnt sienna - that was never brown enough for trees, and never really orange enough for flowers?
- With skin tone colors of apricot, tan, sepia, mahogany, salmon, raw sienna, and burnt sienna, white was used primarily to alter shades and create a layered tint.
Definition of burnt sienna in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan