- 1A deep reddish-brown pigment made from sienna that has been darkened by heating, or resembling this in color.More example sentences
- Like a tube of oil paint: if I buy a tube of burnt sienna, burnt sienna has to be in that tube.
- Burnt umber, terre verte, red ochre, red lake and burnt sienna were identified in several places.
- At the very least I am living proof that turpentine, cadmium red, burnt sienna, Venetian red et al are not carcinogenic.
- 1.1A deep reddish-brown color.More example sentences
- Here the exploding greens and oranges of the mid-1990s have given way to burnt sienna and more pregnant-reds - colours that are more meditative, deeper, and emotionally resonant.
- Well, can you remember that mysterious color - burnt sienna - that was never brown enough for trees, and never really orange enough for flowers?
- With skin tone colors of apricot, tan, sepia, mahogany, salmon, raw sienna, and burnt sienna, white was used primarily to alter shades and create a layered tint.
More definitions of burnt siennaDefinition of burnt sienna in:
- The British & World English dictionary