Definition of burrfish in English:
noun (plural same or burrfishes)
A porcupine fish with spines that are permanently erected, occurring in tropical waters of the Atlantic and Pacific.
- Genus Chilomycterus, family Diodontidae: several species, including the common striped burrfish (C. schoepfi) of the western Atlantic
- This fish is known as a yellow-spotted burrfish or Cyclichthys spilostylus.
- A spiny burrfish is over-optimistic about staying hidden in the dark.
- Covered in corals and sponges, it is a colourful environment stacked with sea-horses, young spiny burrfish and cornetfish.
Definition of burrfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan