noun (plural burros)chiefly US
- A small donkey used as a pack animal.More example sentences
- What if we returned not just mustangs and burros but also elephants and lions to our continent's wilds?
- Excess numbers of horses and burros pose a threat to wildlife, livestock, the improvement of range conditions, and ultimately their own survival.
- Others certainly consider the Swell - with its scenic geology, archaeological sites, wild horses, burros, and Utah's largest herd of desert bighorn sheep - a special place.
early 19th century: from Spanish.
More definitions of burroDefinition of burro in:
- The British & World English dictionary