- End a quarrel or conflict and become friendly.More example sentences
- If the two countries were to bury the hatchet, there is no limit to what they can accomplish together.
- There is much to be learned from this tradition of symbolically burying the hatchet at the end of a long hard campaign.
- Two of the principal players in the annual Antiques Week in New Hampshire have buried the hatchet and are smoking the peace pipe.
More definitions of bury the hatchetDefinition of bury the hatchet in:
- The British & World English dictionary