Definition of bush league in English:
A minor league of a professional sport, especially baseball: [as modifier]: their bush league image
More example sentences
- What's the good of looking over a bush league outfit?
- The peeling pastel-colored grandstand holds some 3,000 people, but the plant is less imposing than even a bush league track in the United States.
- I once played in a bush league in South Trinidad where good batsmen had to ensure that they were never hit on the pads.
adjective(bush-league) informal Back to top
Not of the highest quality or sophistication; second-rate.
- One, who asked for anonymity, called it ‘brazenly absurd,’ and added that it was ‘a typical bush-league move.’
- It costs nothing to read this public display of stupidity that gives our country a bush league image.
- Let's be honest: the officiating in that game was bush; bush league.
- bush leaguer noun
- Example sentences
- But these shake-down artists are bush-leaguers compared to the all-time King of the Shake-Down.
- Bakula's success at turning around the hapless squad of bush-leaguers and has-beens earns them a game against the big-league club and its arrogant skipper.
- This has allowed the Colorado Rockies’ decent sluggers to become titans, while reducing dominant pitchers to bush-leaguers.
Definition of bush league in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.