Definition of bush bean in English:
1A variety of bean plant whose bushy growth requires no support. Compare with pole bean.
- Although a bush bean cultivar was used, the plants in the high-density stand adopted a climbing growth habit.
- Choose pole beans over bush beans, and trellis them along the back of a container.
- You can grow them in smaller gardens using a more intensive method of planting them in 4 x 4 foot squares, as you would bush beans.
1.1The edible pod from the bush bean.
- Beans grow as a bush (bush bean) or as a vine (pole bean) that needs support.
- However, he says regular picking encourages fruiting in cucumbers and other vegetables, such as broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, bush beans, eggplants and squash.
- Fresh pole beans and bush beans can be stored, unwashed in plastic bags in the vegetable crisper of the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan