- A fire in scrub or a forest, especially one that spreads rapidly: • figurative news of discontent igniting a bush fire of revoltMore example sentences
- His franchise chain of sandwich shops has spread like a bush fire.
- An increase in emergency room visits of asthmatic patients was shown in the reports of an urban warehouse fire and the 1987 bush fire in California.
- Reading spread like a bush fire and could no longer be stopped.
More definitions of bush fireDefinition of bush fire in:
- The British & World English dictionary