(also African bush pig)
Definition of bush pig in English:
A wild pig native to the forests and savannas of Africa and Madagascar.
- Potamochoerus porcus and P. larvatus, family Suidae
- In addition to its star gorillas, Bwindi is host to elephant, bush pig, giant forest hog and over 300 species of birds including rare forest birds.
- Certain prey like bush pig and warthog, with their razor-sharp tusks, are handled differently from the horned and kicking antelopes.
- Perhaps it was a bush pig that would grunt and snuffle away when it spotted her.
Definition of bush pig in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan