Definition of bushmaster in English:
A pit viper that is the largest venomous snake in the New World, found in Central and South America.
- Lachesis muta, family Viperidae
- Ever since I was a kid names like fer-de-lance and bushmaster have been magical to me.
- José Antonio prays for guidance and, lifting his eyes, recognizes the snake: it is a bushmaster.
- He also finds some of the rare and unique snakes in his journey, which includes eyelash viper, the fer de lance and the bushmaster.
Early 19th century: perhaps from obsolete Dutch boschmeester (now bosmeester), from bos 'bush' + meester 'master'.
Definition of bushmaster in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.