Definition of businessman in English:
noun (plural businessmen)
1A man who works in business or commerce, especially at an executive level.
- In response to the speech, roving thugs immediately executed 145 businessmen.
- Neither does he have a big executive car, the sort that many Korean businessmen like to be seen chauffeured about in.
- Often, the talk his editors wanted was from big shots, businessmen promoting themselves or wallowing in rancor.
1.1 [with adjective] A person with a specified level of skill in financial matters: his knowledge and talent were never in question, but he was a poor businessman
More example sentences
- I am convinced that no one could have done just as I did, no matter how able a businessman he was.
- Any businessman who doesn't know the state of his company's finances is not a businessman.
- The smart businessman thinks like a ball and remains in balance no matter what happens.