A colorless gaseous hydrocarbon made by catalytic dehydrogenation of butane and used in the manufacture of synthetic rubber.
- Chemical formula: CH2=CHCH=CH2
More example sentences
- Diene elastomers have structures based on the molecules butadiene, isoprene, and/or their derivatives or copolymers.
- Athletic shoes can contain several petrochemical polymers in their soles and uppers: butadiene, polyurethane, polyethylene, and nylon, to name a few.
- Buna S was a copolymer of butadiene and styrene; Buna N used butadiene and acrylonitrile as copolymers.
Definition of butadiene in:
- The British & World English dictionary