Definition of butane in English:
A flammable hydrocarbon gas that is a constituent of petroleum and is used in bottled form as a fuel. It is a member of the alkane series. See also isobutane.
- Chemical formula: CH3CH2CH2CH3
- The remaining butane and methane are recycled and reused to fuel the process.
- Sudden sniffing death is particularly associated with abuse of butane, propane and chemicals in aerosols.
- He filmed them apparently putting butane gas into a bottle and setting fire to it.
Definition of butane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.