Definition of butanol in English:
Each of two isomeric liquid alcohols used as solvents; butyl alcohol.
- Chemical formula: CH3CH2CH2CH2OH (1-butanol, butan-1-ol) and CH3CH2CH(OH)CH3 (2-butanol, butan-2-ol)
- Recent work in our laboratory has explored the clustering behaviour of organic polar solvents such as methanol, 6 ethanol and butanol.
- Digestion products were loaded on silica gel TLC, developed in butanol: acetic acid: water and stained with thymol - H 2 SO 4.
- Butyl acetate, butanol, hexyl acetate, and hexanol present in whole fruit were analysed by grinding 250 g of melon flesh in liquid nitrogen.
Definition of butanol in:
- British & World English dictionary