Definition of butcher's broom in English:
A low evergreen Eurasian shrub of the lily family, with flat shoots that give the appearance of stiff, spine-tipped leaves.
- Ruscus aculeatus, family Liliaceae
- In this study, using a butcher's broom / sweet clover cream, the swelling of the injured leg measured against the uninjured leg was significantly reduced.
- As she leaves, FitzGerald says thank-you to the butcher's broom for giving up its berries, knowing that if it ever goes extinct, she and the seed bank may be able to return the favor.
- Because butcher's broom is a late bloomer, FitzGerald had to wait until December to begin collecting.
Definition of butcher's broom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan