A low evergreen Eurasian shrub of the lily family, with flat shoots that give the appearance of stiff, spine-tipped leaves.
- Ruscus aculeatus, family Liliaceae
More example sentences
- In this study, using a butcher's broom / sweet clover cream, the swelling of the injured leg measured against the uninjured leg was significantly reduced.
- As she leaves, FitzGerald says thank-you to the butcher's broom for giving up its berries, knowing that if it ever goes extinct, she and the seed bank may be able to return the favor.
- Because butcher's broom is a late bloomer, FitzGerald had to wait until December to begin collecting.
More definitions of butcher's broomDefinition of butcher's broom in:
- The British & World English dictionary