- A lima bean, especially one of a variety with large flat white seeds that are usually dried.More example sentences
- Even 8-year-old Sasha Krumm, who rode his bike to the garden nearly every day, although his pumpkin never got much bigger than a butter bean.
- It's as tiny as a butter bean and individuals appear to have been exquisitely enamelled by different artists.
- Edamame or butter bean soybeans are varieties that are best used at the green stage, when the seeds have just plumped the pods.
More definitions of butter beanDefinition of butter bean in:
- The British & World English dictionary