Definition of butterfingers in English:
noun (plural same)informal
1A clumsy person, especially one who fails to hold a catch.
- The result: timeless songs full of jangling guitars and giggling vocals and lyrics about being a lovesick butterfingers in a world of emotional icebergs.
- But the butterfingers company boss Jerry Sanders later let them slip through his fingers.
- Unfortunately I'm a butterfingers and grabbed the door latch when I got a hold and the door swung open, with me on it.
1.1Clumsiness in handling something: fumbling for the ball with butterfingers
More example sentences
- And as for the fielding department, he has no butterfingers.
- Dundee's wobbles were best exemplified by Langfield, who found himself afflicted by an acute attack of butterfingers.
- Flatley's butterfingers will only lower his stocks further at the Troppo clubhouse.
- Example sentences
- And when called to kick it up to action hero, he's clumsy and butterfingered, but determined.
- The Brazilian, one of four in the squad likely to travel to Manchester, is no longer the butterfingered version who dropped a shot from a grateful Lee Bowyer when Milan last played an English club in this competition, Leeds United.
- Helping the cause were the butterfingered Hawks, who coughed it up 25 times…
Words that rhyme with butterfingersSaunders • Bermudas
Definition of butterfingers in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan