Definition of butterfly bush in English:
A Chinese buddleia that is cultivated in the West for its large spikes of fragrant purplish-lilac or white flowers, which are highly attractive to butterflies.
- Buddleia davidii, family Loganiaceae
- The common butterfly bush is a summer treat.
- You may want to include the aptly-named butterfly bush.
- I like a lot of white, and I have a couple of small white oleanders and a white butterfly bush.
Definition of butterfly bush in:
- British & World English dictionary