Definition of butterfly orchid in English:
An epiphytic wild orchid of South America with large yellow and red flowers that somewhat resemble a butterfly in shape.
- Oncidium papilio, family Orchidaceae
- Bauhinia forficata, or Brazilian orchid tree, also is known as white butterfly orchid tree or simply white orchid tree.
- Among them are butterfly orchid from Timor and Maluku, and mini orchid from North Sulawesi.
- The tour ended in a forest of trees with blooming white blossoms of phalaenopsis, or butterfly orchid.
Definition of butterfly orchid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.