Definition of butterfly orchid in English:
An epiphytic wild orchid of South America with large yellow and red flowers that somewhat resemble a butterfly in shape.
- Oncidium papilio, family Orchidaceae
- Bauhinia forficata, or Brazilian orchid tree, also is known as white butterfly orchid tree or simply white orchid tree.
- Among them are butterfly orchid from Timor and Maluku, and mini orchid from North Sulawesi.
- The tour ended in a forest of trees with blooming white blossoms of phalaenopsis, or butterfly orchid.
Definition of butterfly orchid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan