Definition of butterfly valve in English:
1A valve consisting of a disk rotating on an axis across the diameter of a pipe to regulate the flow, as in the throttles of many engines.
- The exhaust has a butterfly valve, which cuts in between 1,500 rpm and 3,000 rpm.
- So today I cleaned the Automatic Idle Control valve of my Saab, and the throttle butterfly valve.
- The carburetor-heat lever turns a butterfly valve in the air-induction systems that bypasses the normally filtered air, allowing warm air to directly enter the carburetor body.
2A valve consisting of a pair of semicircular plates that are attached to a spindle across a pipe and hinged to allow flow only one way.
- This stabilizing feature is possible via Watertronics patented electronic butterfly valve technology, which also provides Lou with backup pressure regulation in the event of a VFD fault.
Definition of butterfly valve in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan