Definition of butterfly valve in English:
1A valve consisting of a disk rotating on an axis across the diameter of a pipe to regulate the flow, as in the throttles of many engines.
- The exhaust has a butterfly valve, which cuts in between 1,500 rpm and 3,000 rpm.
- So today I cleaned the Automatic Idle Control valve of my Saab, and the throttle butterfly valve.
- The carburetor-heat lever turns a butterfly valve in the air-induction systems that bypasses the normally filtered air, allowing warm air to directly enter the carburetor body.
2A valve consisting of a pair of semicircular plates that are attached to a spindle across a pipe and hinged to allow flow only one way.
- This stabilizing feature is possible via Watertronics patented electronic butterfly valve technology, which also provides Lou with backup pressure regulation in the event of a VFD fault.
Definition of butterfly valve in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.