Definition of buttonbush in English:
A low-growing North American aquatic shrub of the bedstraw family, with small tubular flowers that form globular flower heads.
- Cephalanthus occidentalis, family Rubiaceae
- Native buttonbush and Southern wax myrtle put up with poor drainage.
- Common buttonbush is the most abundant shrub, though bastard false indigo and silverling are also present.
- Butterflies feasted on purple asters, and dragonflies zigzagged over the buttonbushes, which bore a crop of round, dry fruits.
Definition of buttonbush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan