- A looped stitch used for edging buttonholes or pieces of material: the edges are worked in buttonhole stitchMore example sentences
- I could make thread shanks with buttonhole stitch as well as complete a neat French seam.
- The two main stitches used in creating needlelace are the buttonhole stitch and the overcast stitch.
- Here, the buttonhole stitch is being worked around in a circular shape.
More definitions of buttonhole stitchDefinition of buttonhole stitch in:
- The British & World English dictionary