Definition of butylate in English:
verb[with object] Chemistry
Combine with a butyl group.
- The dried analytes are butylated by the addition of butanol - HCI and 65 degree C incubation.
- The oxidant tertiary butylated hydroperoxide could effectively induce TNF- [alpha] mRNA expression.
- Butanolic HCl (3 mol/L) was then added, and the mixture was butylated for 10 min at 70 °C and dried at 70 °C under reduced pressure.
- Example sentences
- To ease identification, samples may be derivatized, such as the interaction of blood organic acids with butanolic HCI (butylation) prior to analysis resulting in readily identifiable daughter ions.
- The butylation of CPX at the second protonation site results in a decrease of the pK.2 values.
- We have ventured into butylation and has successfully developed a process of cracking isobutanol for butylation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan