- A synthetic antioxidant used to preserve fats and oils in food.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C11H16O2
- The administration of the antioxidant agents N-acetyl-L-cysteine and butylated hydroxyanisole after pulse-treatment with cisplatin or melphalan did not affect apoptosis, but attenuated necrosis.
- Phenolic antioxidants, butylated hydroxyanisole and chlorogenic acid and EDTA prevent mutagen formation in beef, while ferrous ion enhances formation.
- They may be naturally occurring food substances like vinegar (acetic acid) or chemical concoctions like BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole).