Definition of buyer in English:
1A person who makes a purchase.
- No one knows who bought the cars, as none of the buyers wanted their purchase to be made public.
- Under the definitions, any major trade buyers would fall foul of the regulations.
- The anonymous buyer apparently then consumed the contents of the bottle in one sitting.
1.1A person employed to select and purchase stock or materials for a large retail or manufacturing business, etc.
- For many manufacturers, the customer is regarded as the retail company's buyer.
- His father was an engineer turned salesman and his mother a retail buyer.
- Unfortunately retailer buyers in America are resisting the urge to buy PCs in droves.
a buyer's market
- An economic situation in which goods or shares are plentiful and buyers can keep prices down.Example sentences
- For now, of course, the relentless tech downturn means a buyer's market.
- The majority of roles tend to be at the more senior end, but it is very much a buyers' market.
- And if you're on the prowl for an acquisition, it's a buyers' market.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan