Definition of by courtesy of in English:
1Given or allowed by: photograph courtesy of the Evening Star
More example sentences
- They won an all-expenses-paid weekend away courtesy of the newspaper.
- But we just got the most valuable piece of information on the Bahamas courtesy of a reader.
- The movie is courtesy of our gracious holiday hosts, an added bonus to their, as ever, amazing hospitality.
1.1 informal As a result of; thanks to.
- Homeward bound, I got a couple of hours closer to Toronto courtesy of my sister and her boyfriend.
- Of the nine goals scored in the game, seven were courtesy of special teams.
- Successful applicants will get their rural trip courtesy of a new TV programme.
Definition of by courtesy of in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia