Definition of by courtesy of in English:
1Given or allowed by: photograph courtesy of the Evening Star
More example sentences
- They won an all-expenses-paid weekend away courtesy of the newspaper.
- But we just got the most valuable piece of information on the Bahamas courtesy of a reader.
- The movie is courtesy of our gracious holiday hosts, an added bonus to their, as ever, amazing hospitality.
1.1 informal As a result of; thanks to.
- Homeward bound, I got a couple of hours closer to Toronto courtesy of my sister and her boyfriend.
- Of the nine goals scored in the game, seven were courtesy of special teams.
- Successful applicants will get their rural trip courtesy of a new TV programme.
Definition of by courtesy of in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.