- By any possible means: the government intends, by hook or by crook, to hold on to the landMore example sentences
- Sometimes, it takes years and years to finally get it done, but by never backing down, by never giving up, they get these films to the screen by hook or by crook.
- A driving-school trainer said that people want a licence by hook or by crook, without mastering the basics of driving a vehicle.
- Reality has to be kept at a distance by hook or by crook.
More definitions of by hook or by crookDefinition of by hook or by crook in:
- The British & World English dictionary