- Using a ship or boat for travel or transport: at the end of the lake was a small gazebo, accessible only by waterMore example sentences
- Just after the attacks, the debris was brought by road; now, to cope with the volume, it is shipped by water.
- The crews travelled down to Gravesend by water on the Saturday in order to take part.
- Until very recently, travel by water was the most efficient way to move around.
More definitions of by waterDefinition of by water in:
- The British & World English dictionary