- A cowshed.More example sentences
- They are put in the byres (cow sheds) for the winter period, and our byre is literally 2ft away from the back of the house.
- On the farm, smells tended to be pungent; dung being removed from the cow byre, stable, pig sty or poultry house, rated high in that league.
- She's converted a local byre (an animal house) into a wee dwelling - a simple, one-room affair with a box bed and a raised hearth, and all the objects that she is using have been meticulously researched and sourced.
Old English bȳre; perhaps related to bower1.
More definitions of byreDefinition of byre in:
- The British & World English dictionary