- 1 short for taxicab.More example sentences
- The taxi cab driver, who hails from Guana, waited in the car during my meeting and then drove me back to the hotel.
- A taxi cab driver goes to the airport, which is in the next city 5-10 miles from his house, and he doesn't know where his costumer will tell him to go.
- A taxi cab driver and a pedestrian were also victims of drunken-driving by the prince who is known for his forays to discos and nightclubs.
- 1.1 • historical A horse-drawn vehicle for public hire.More example sentences
- I longed for my parents to hire a horse-drawn cab instead of a taxi but that did not happen.
- And there's all these Victorian horse-drawn cabs outside and all the cabbies are trying to avoid eye-contact.
- The relaxation of licensing control on horse-drawn cabs in 1831 led to a great and necessary increase, J. A. Hansom inventing his famous cab in 1834.
- 2The driver’s compartment in a truck, bus, or train.More example sentences
- Detectives are hunting a gang who dragged a sleeping lorry driver from his cab in Bury and took him on a ‘ride of terror’.
- The student jumped onto the draw-bar separating the cab of the lorry from the trailer and travelled on the vehicle as far as the Mall where he either slipped or tried to jump off.
- Then a blue van struck the front of the lorry as it was in the ditch, pushing two ladders, which were on board, into the driver's side of the lorry cab.
verb (cabs, cabbing, cabbed)[no object] Back to top
- Travel in a taxi: Roger cabbed homeMore example sentences
- We brought it back to my place, packed a little more, and heated up leftovers at 11 PM after cabbing back to his place.
- While I was still in a dilemma as to whether I should ask them verbally if they are indeed cabbing, another dilemma stepped up in the form of a tyrannical auntie.
- We cabbed there to rendezvous with more bar staff, once again forming a platoon of hard pounders.
early 19th century: abbreviation of cabriolet.
- A cabinet containing a speaker or speakers for a guitar amplifier.More example sentences
- Besides the speaker in the cab is a fairly high quality one, while the little 8 incher is a farty little stock speaker.
- All guitar cab grills are secured by screws, not cheap Velcro.
- So does anyone know if this will hurt my guitar cab?
late 20th century: abbreviation.