Definition of cabalistic in English:
Relating to or associated with mystical interpretation or esoteric doctrine. See also Kabbalah.
- In fact, the cabbalistic and/or hermetic connections made between the tarot and its sources were little more than a series of free associations, usually based on personal surmise.
- Oh, sure, I strip naked and daub myself with cabbalistic symbols and dance around in the woods with treacle in my hair every second Wednesday, but I'm only doing it to reprogramme my mind.
- The room is an almost excessively rich joy to the eye, as well as being a sort of one-man cabbalistic text.
- Example sentences
- This focus on source material rather than the modern cabalism serves to open the topic up for a more general discussion, an endeavor sometimes lacking in the fashionable exclusivity of some modern scholars.
- If we do not see this programme before the elections, we will simply have to put this statement in the ‘political cabalism’ folder.
- He identified the patriarchs of the Bible with the Druids of ancient Britain; traces of cabalism and alchemy, the influence of Boehme and Paracelsus, have all been discerned in his words and images.
- Example sentences
- ‘Woof’, ‘Pearly White’, and the other cabalists reason that a war will distract the public from the crumbling economy.
- The presidents have piled up more evidence suggesting college athletics is not about education in any way that matters but everything to do with maximizing revenue every way that matters to cabalists, capitalists and other educators.
- The cabalists did not limit their activities to writing up talking points, however, but also engaged in field operations that caught the attention of the State Department and the CIA.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan