Any of a number of palms or palmlike plants that resemble a cabbage in some way, in particular.
- ● A Caribbean palm with edible buds that resemble a cabbage (Roystonea oleraceae, family Palmae). ● An evergreen plant occurring in warm regions and grown elsewhere as a greenhouse or indoor plant (genus Cordyline, family Agavaceae).
More example sentences
- In addition to the cabbage palm, tall trees include American elm, laurel oak, pop ash, sugarberry, sweetgum, water hickory, and water locust.
- Its blinding flash lights up the cabbage palm foliage…
- Oak-palm hammocks are home to the tall, beautiful cabbage palm, a hallmark of these fertile raised regions on the Myakka River floodplain.
Definition of cabbage palm in:
- The British & World English dictionary