Definition of cabbage palm in English:
Any of a number of palms or palmlike plants that resemble a cabbage in some way, in particular.
- ● A Caribbean palm with edible buds that resemble a cabbage (Roystonea oleraceae, family Palmae). ● An evergreen plant occurring in warm regions and grown elsewhere as a greenhouse or indoor plant (genus Cordyline, family Agavaceae).
- In addition to the cabbage palm, tall trees include American elm, laurel oak, pop ash, sugarberry, sweetgum, water hickory, and water locust.
- Its blinding flash lights up the cabbage palm foliage…
- Oak-palm hammocks are home to the tall, beautiful cabbage palm, a hallmark of these fertile raised regions on the Myakka River floodplain.
Definition of cabbage palm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan