noun (plural pronunc. same)
- An ornamental holder for a flowerpot.More example sentences
- But if you don't drill drain holes in the bottoms of these containers, you could use the cauldron and buckets as cachepots (French for ‘hide pot’) to hold plants already potted in well-draining containers.
- You can use a nice container with no drainage hole (often called a cachepot) or a pot with a drainage hole and saucer.
- Available exclusively to the readers of the magazine, these three ready-to-hang prints feature primroses showcased in porcelain cachepots.
late 19th century: from French cache-pot, from cacher 'to hide' + pot 'pot'.
More definitions of cachepotDefinition of cachepot in:
- The British & World English dictionary