Definition of cadaver in English:
nounMedicine or literary
- The forms should specifically use the term dissect and specify the use of the cadavers for medical education and research purposes.
- Also examined is the use of donated ova from aborted fetuses and cadavers.
- Five of the eight matched pairs were from male cadavers and three were from female cadavers.
late Middle English: from Latin, from cadere 'to fall'.
- Example sentences
- Consequently, the safeguards protecting confidentiality and enhancing consent that allow for ethical use of cadavers and cadaveric tissues from hospital autopsies for education and research are not in place.
- The surgeon then aseptically packs the cadaveric kidneys in additional iced solution and packages them in sterile iced containers.
- Finally, perceptions of ethical acceptability were variable within items, indicating considerable disagreement among medical examiners on the research use of cadaveric tissues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan