Definition of calathea in English:
A tropical American plant that typically has variegated and ornamental leaves, widely grown as a greenhouse or indoor plant.
- Genus Calathea, family Marantaceae: many species
- The maranta and calathea are other such plants.
- Good quality calatheas can be produced but careful attention must be given to the production environment.
- Many calatheas have a red or purple underside to their leaves, which adds subterfuge to their pest resistance.
Definition of calathea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.