Definition of calcimine in English:
A kind of white or pale blue wash for walls and ceilings.
- Company records show that hotel maintenance personnel used the pinkish mud to ‘paint,’ or calcimine, many interior walls of the hotel.
- Calcimine (ordinary dry calcimine used for walls) may be mixed with gasoline and used to dye flowers.
- How can I tell if there is lead paint or calcimine paint for that matter under the wallpaper?
verb[with object] Back to top
Whitewash with calcimine.
- Q You don't know that calcimining in closets where it is damp, sometimes changes the entire color?
- He is a painter by trade and had been engaged in calcimining a basement of a large building for some days previous.
- The paints are factory tested and do not suffer calcimining, powdering, or decay.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of calcimine in:
- British & World English dictionary