Definition of calcimine in English:
A kind of white or pale blue wash for walls and ceilings.
- Company records show that hotel maintenance personnel used the pinkish mud to ‘paint,’ or calcimine, many interior walls of the hotel.
- Calcimine (ordinary dry calcimine used for walls) may be mixed with gasoline and used to dye flowers.
- How can I tell if there is lead paint or calcimine paint for that matter under the wallpaper?
verb[with object] Back to top
Whitewash with calcimine.
- Q You don't know that calcimining in closets where it is damp, sometimes changes the entire color?
- He is a painter by trade and had been engaged in calcimining a basement of a large building for some days previous.
- The paints are factory tested and do not suffer calcimining, powdering, or decay.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of calcimine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India