- The chemical element of atomic number 20, a soft gray metal. (Symbol: Ca)
Calcium is one of the alkaline earth metals. Its compounds occur naturally in limestone, fluorite, gypsum, and other minerals. Many physiological processes involve calcium ions, and calcium salts are an essential constituent of bone, teeth, and shellsMore example sentences
- These active regions often require the presence of a metal ion such as calcium, zinc or iron.
- Strontium is an element similar to calcium, and follows calcium into teeth and bones.
- If you tend to be susceptible to cramps, try eating more foods that are high in potassium and calcium.
More definitions of calciumDefinition of calcium in:
- The British & World English dictionary