A soluble white crystalline solid commonly produced in the form of slaked lime.
- Chemical formula: Ca(OH)2
More example sentences
- Calcium oxide dissolves to form calcium hydroxide, magnesium oxide dissolves to form magnesium hydroxide, and so on.
- As hydration occurs, the silicates are transformed into silicate hydrates and calcium hydroxide, and the cement slowly forms a hardened paste.
- Lime combines with water to form calcium hydroxide [Ca 2], also known as slaked lime.
More definitions of calcium hydroxideDefinition of calcium hydroxide in:
- The British & World English dictionary